Dancing with the Stars AU Season 20 Episode 06 Description Strictly Come Dancing All Season Dancing with the Stars US All Season Dancing with the Stars US Season 31 Dancing with the Stars AU All Season Dancing with the Stars AU Season 20 Episode 01 | Episode 02 | Episode 03 | Episode 04 | […]
Dancing with the Stars is an Australian reality show that pairs celebrities with professional ballroom dancers who compete against each other in a dance-off to impress a panel of judges and the viewing public. The show is based on the British BBC Television series Strictly Come Dancing and is part of BBC Worldwide’s international Dancing with the Stars franchise1
The show has been airing on Australian television since 2004, switching between the Seven Network and Network 10 over the years. In 2021, the show returned to Seven with an All-Stars edition, featuring former contestants and winners. The show was pre-recorded and filmed at the ICC in Sydney2
In 2022, the show will return for its 19th season, also known as Dancing with the Stars: All Stars 2. The line-up consists of 14 celebrities, including four former winners and four wildcards who hadn’t previously competed in the show. The series will be again pre-recorded and filmed at the ICC in Sydney3
In March 2023, the series was renewed for a 20th season which is scheduled to air in Q2 of 2023. The season will not be an all-stars edition, but will feature new celebrities who will take on the challenge of learning various dance styles and performing them live on stage.
The hosts for the upcoming season are Daryl Somers and Sonia Kruger, who have hosted the show since its inception. The judges are Todd McKenney and Mark Wilson, who have also been part of the show for a long time. They will be joined by Craig Revel Horwood and Sharna Burgess, who both judged the series previously when it was on Network 10. Helen Richey and Paul Mercurio will not be returning to the judging panel due to family reasons and political career respectively.
The celebrities and their professional partners for the 20th season are:
- Charlie Albone (Better Homes and Gardens landscaper) and Ruby Gherbaz
- Christie Whelan Browne (stage and screen actress) and Craig Monley
- Emily Weir (Home and Away actress) and Lyu Masuda
- Gavin Wanganeen (former AFL player) and Megan Wragg
- Issa Schultz (The Chase Australia star) and Lily Cornish
- James Magnussen (former Olympic swimmer) and Natalie Lowe
- Laura Byrne (podcaster and radio host) and Danil Saveliev
- Mary Coustas (comedian and actress) and Aric Yegudkin
- Matt Preston (food critic and television presenter) and Jessica Raffa
- Paulini (singer-songwriter) and Igor Ifliand
- Phil Burton (Human Nature singer) and Ashleigh Hunter
- Pia Miranda (film and television actress) and Declan Taylor
- Sally Pearson (former Olympic athlete and 7NEWS presenter) and Mitch Kirkby
- Virginia Gay (stage and screen actress) and Ian WaiteThe show will premiere on Seven on 18 June 2023. Each week, the couples will perform a different dance style, such as cha-cha, tango, waltz, jive, samba, rumba, foxtrot, quickstep, paso doble, salsa, contemporary, jazz or freestyle. The judges will score each performance out of 10, while the viewers will vote for their favourite couple via telephone or SMS. The judges’ scores and the viewer votes will be combined to determine which couple will be eliminated each week. The last couple standing will be crowned the winners of Dancing with the Stars Season 20.
Dancing with the Stars is a fun and entertaining show that showcases the talent, charisma and personality of the celebrities and their professional partners. It also provides an opportunity for the viewers to see a different side of their favourite stars, as they learn new skills, face challenges and overcome fears on the dancefloor. The show also features dazzling costumes, stunning sets, spectacular music and exciting guest performances.
If you are a fan of dancing, celebrities or both, you won’t want to miss Dancing with the Stars Season 20 on Seven. You can also catch up on previous episodes on 7plus.
Dancing with the Stars AU Season 20 Episode 07 Description Couple Scores Dance Music Result Emily & Lyu 39 (9, 10, 10, 10) Freestyle “Spice Up Your Life” — Spice Girls Paulini & Igor 30 (7, 7, 8, 8) Freestyle “24K Magic” — Bruno Mars Mary & Aric 31 (7, 9, 7, 8) Freestyle “Rise Up” — Andra […]
Dancing with the Stars AU Season 20 Episode 01 Description Running order Couple Scores Dance Music Emily & Lyu 26 (6, 7, 6, 7) Samba “Can’t Touch It” — Ricki-Lee Coulter James & Natalie 27 (6, 7, 7, 7) Tango “Love Me Again” – John Newman Issa & Lily 20 (3, 5, 6, 6) Foxtrot “Moondance” – Van Morrison Gavin […]
Dancing with the Stars AU Season 20 Episode 02 Description Running order Couple Scores Dance Music Pia & Declan 23 (5, 6, 6, 6) Cha-cha-cha “Mercy” – Duffy Sally & Mitch 27 (6, 7, 7, 7) Quickstep “It Don’t Mean a Thing” — Duke Ellington Charlie & Ruby 8 (1, 3, 2, 2) Jive “Blinding Lights” – The […]
Dancing with the Stars AU Season 20 Episode 03 Description Couple Scores Dance Music Result Mary & Aric 26 (6, 7, 6, 7) Samba “Freedom! ’90” – George Michael Safe Paulini & Igor 30 (7, 8, 7, 8) Foxtrot “Beauty and the Beast” Safe Matt & Jessica 6 (1, 3, 1, 1) Paso Doble “Let’s Stick […]
Dancing with the Stars AU Season 20 Episode 04 Description Couple Scores Dance Music Result Christie & Craig 34 (8, 9, 8, 9) Cha-cha-cha “How Will I Know” – Whitney Houston Safe Pia & Declan 24 (6, 7, 5, 6) Argentine Tango Safe Sally & Mitch 27 (7, 7, 6, 7) Jive “Made You Look” – Meghan […]
Dancing with the Stars AU Season 20 Episode 05 Description Running order Couple Scores Dance Music Result Paulini & Igor 25 (6, 6, 6, 7) Jive “2 Be Loved (Am I Ready)”—Lizzo Bottom four James & Natalie 26 (7, 7, 6, 6) Viennese Waltz “Hold My Hand”—Lady Gaga Eliminated in dance-off Issa & Lily 22 […]